Yield: about 25 large cookies
“Back to Baking”, pp. 24
I guess August is the month of the ginger! After the gingerbread cream pie, I followed with this recipe for cookies with a double dose of ginger: fresh and candied! The result was quite satisfying. The cookies were soft and chewy and had a very pronounced ginger taste. If you do not like ginger, these are not the cookies for you. However, if you happen to like ginger, these little treat are marvellous. They did not last very long at the office and received only positive feedback. Go try them!
- 1 recipe Basic White Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, finely diced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare the first step of the Basic White Sugar Cookie Dough recipe. Add the fresh ginger and mix well.
- Complete steps 2 to 5 of the recipe.
- Add the candied ginger and mix well to combine.
- Using two teaspoons, spoon out a full teaspoon of dough into a small bowl containing the 1/3 cup sugar. Roll the dough in the sugar and form a ball, then place on the prepared baking sheet while pressing down gently with your fingers to flatten the dough ball. Repeat until there is no more dough and make sure to leave one inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a rack to cool down completely.