Yield: 2 to 3 dozen cookies
“Back to Baking”, pp. 22
I haven’t baked in a little while. I guess work and responsibilities took over my life these past weeks! Fortunately, I now have more time (if not I’ll make time!) to dedicate to my primary passion of baking. I felt like making cookies, more specifically Snickerdoodles! First, here is the foundation recipe for a white sugar cookie dough used for many cookies. This recipe is pretty straightforward and not complicated to make.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and blend well after each addition with a stand or hand mixer.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar and salt to combine the ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing well with a stand or hand mixer.
- Follow instructions to make the appropriate cookies with this dough.