Yield: about 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
“Back to Baking”, pp. 320
To serve with a wonderful cheesecake I baked yesterday, I made this incredibly easy to make raspberry compote, as suggested. It is simple, yet tasty and has ideal texture. A perfect fruity touch to rich desserts such as cheesecakes!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- In a saucepot, stir in the sugar, cornstarch, and 1 cup of the raspberries. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 cup of raspberries and the allspice. Chill until ready to serve.
Notes from Anna:
- The compote is best served and enjoyed at room temperature. Simply take it out of the fridge 1 hour before serving.