Yield: about 3 dozen wafer cookies
“Back to Baking”, pp. 35
Since these langues de chat cookies are based on the same batter as the Tuile Cookies, I made these in the same day and this was quite time efficient. I simply prepared the batter, used half to make the tuile cookies and the other to make these adorable langues de chat, this way I got more variety of cookies with the same amount of work.
I really enjoyed these and preferred them to the tuile cookies. They are not as delicate so are easier to prepare and bake, and it makes for more of an indulgence as they are bigger. They are similarly very flavourful and go very nicely with tea. I will certainly keep this recipe in my recipe box to be repeated again!
- 1 recipe Tuile Cookies batter
- Prepare steps 1 and 3-6 of the tuile cookie batter recipe.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag fitted with a plain tip. Pipe fingers about 2 inches long a 1 inch apart on the baking trays.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom and edges. Cool the cookies completely before storing in an airtight container.
Note from Anna:
- Tuile cookies are very delicate are are sensitive to humidity. They should be stored in a tightly sealed contained.