Yield: 20-24 large cookies
“Back to Baking”, pp. 22
I love peanut butter. It smells heavenly, tastes even better and can be used in so many different recipes. For a reason that I cannot fathom, I have however never tried peanut butter cookies. To be quite honest, I always thought that they didn’t look that good. I don’t know why, but that was the case. Note the use of the past tense! I made this recipe today after wanting some cookies and I simply love these! They are chewy yet have that distinctive “dry” texture resulting from the addition of the peanut butter and of course have the unmistakable and evident peanut butter taste. These cookies are like portable peanut butter deliciousness!! If you love or even simply like peanut butter, you are bound to enjoy these cookies.
- 1 recipe Basic Brown Sugar Cookie Dough
- ½ cup peanut butter of your choosing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Follow step 1 of the Basic Brown Sugar Cookie Dough recipe.
- Add the peanut butter and mix well to combine.
- Complete the recipe for the brown sugar cookie dough.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons on the prepared baking sheets, making sure to leave one inch space between each cookie. With a floured fork, pressed down on the cookies twice in a perpendicular fashion to obtain the classic criss-cross pattern on the peanut butter cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool down.