Yield: about 2 dozen large cookies
“Back to Baking”, pp. 18
One of the classics which also happens to be one of my personal favorite desserts is the chocolate chip cookie. For me, the perfect chocolate chip cookie must be chewy, tender and have a high chocolate chip to dough ratio. I fortunately had found the perfect recipe for such a cookie, but evidently I was not unwilling to test Anna’s recipe for this classic. Her recipe is straightforward and yields delicious and tender cookies. I probably baked my cookies 1-2 minutes too long, which would explain why my cookies came out a bit less chewy than I prefer. However, worry not! I found that heating the cookies for 7-9 seconds in the microwave leads to similar results – chewiness-wise that is. Make sure to not over bake your cookies and they will undoubtedly come out great!
- 1 recipe Basic Brown Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Follow the first 4 steps of the basic brown sugar cookie dough recipe.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well to combine.
- Drop a tablespoon of cookie dough on the lined baking sheets. Repeat until necessary.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes, until golden brown. Let rest 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring them to a rack to cool down.